Saving through safety…
Since 1998, the Colorado Roofing Association has partnered with Moody Insurance Agency, Inc. and Pinnacol Assurance in order to provide our members with a quality workers’ compensation insurance program. Members of the program automatically belong to the CRA Safety Group, which focuses on continuing safety education and training and improving safety in the workplace and roofing community.
Over the course of the safety program’s history, we have given over $4,677,000 in dividends back to members!
Association Dividend Payouts*
*Dividends cannot be promised or guaranteed
Benefits of CRA’s WC Safety Group
For qualifying members, the program has many benefits including:
- 4% upfront discount in addition to any credits each account is already receiving through Pinnacol.
- Large group purchasing power for additional services, i.e. Training, loss control etc. that smaller contractors would not normally receive independently.
- Pinnacol’s preferred pricing for association programs.
- Improved risk management and loss contro.
- Industry-specific risk management training and materials – online and in locations across the state.
- Designated claims adjuster assigned to your Risk Sharing Group.
- The ability to participate in our group dividend program – Payout of dividend is at 100 percent after the dividend is declared.
Criteria for CRA’s Safety Group
- Must have been in business for at least three years.
- Formal written safety manual.
- Active in pursuing cost containment certification within six months and have certification within 18 months from inception of policy.
- Use a minimum of a $1,000 deductible for claims.
- Maintain a minimum loss ratio establish by the safety group program.
- Use the group’s loss history for dividend calculations.
- Participate in at least semi-annual loss control reports.
- Implement a return-to-work program.
- Participate in post accident drug screening.
- Designate and use Pinnacol SelectNet providers.
- Adherence to safety group recommendations with written response to group’s concerns.
- Experience modification of at least 1.0 subject to review of safety group.
- Membership in good standing with CRA.
- Attendance of at least two industry specific, Pinnacol approved safety training meetings annually.
Call Kim Burkhardt or Brad Moody at 303-824-6600 to receive additional information regarding this program.
Safety Information & Training Resource Links
- Moody Insurance Agency
- Pinnacol Assurance
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- J.J. Keller Safety Resources page